SEO Techniques: the most common mistakes to avoid
The optimization of organic searches on search engines is essential. The techniques as we know are innumerable but next to best practices, also called White Hat Seo, that is the lawful and useful techniques, there are also the worst practices (Black Hat Seo) represented by illicit and deceptive methods, which thanks to the evolution of Google algorithm are interpreted as web spam and inevitably penalized. Below we will analyze the main mistakes not to be committed in order not to see their own SEO efforts go up in smoke.
1. Repetition. It is often thought that filling the keyword text is a way to achieve a higher ranking in search engines. This is wrong and Google teaches us that the user experience is essential, so everything that is placed on a page must be consistent with a profitable use by the user, without unnecessary exaggerations.
2. Dumping. Similar to repetition is the dumping or the insertion in the text of random words with the intention of having the page indexed to Google thanks to more possible keywords. This is also a mistake, as Google will notice that certain words have no use in the consistency of the page and will penalize you.
3. Weaving. Copying the text from other sites, although authoritative will not increase your visibility, in fact, in addition to incurring complaints of plagiarism your site will also suffer a major downgrade of the ranking of Google, so do not do it.
4. Stiching. Similar to weaving this technique consists of extracting many phrases of different topics from authoritative pages to insert them into a single page. You have already understood that this method is useless as well as harmful to your site.
5. Duplicate. Even duplicating your own and original content on multiple pages of the same site is a way to be penalized by Google. The search engine does not support duplicate content on multiple pages and therefore a good SEO specialist would never do it.
6. Doorway pages. Often there are web pages with a different URL from the main website, empty and without content, with the aim of returning to the main site. This is a worst practice not allowed by Google.
7. Bad quality backlink. Inbound and outbound links from low quality sites linked to your site are a reason for downgrading by search engines, better pointing to authoritative sites.
8. Paid backlink. Also using paid inbound links to specialized sites is not a well-known technique by Google, because it could be seen as a deceptive method to circumvent the user.
9. Hiding. Hiding the user with black hat techniques is harmful, as Google will notice it. For example, avoid writing invisible words, or the same color of the background, or insert invisible links.
10. Social media spam. The interaction with social networks is essential to obtain visibility, but careful to offer useful contributions to the user and not posted on social networks only to obtain low quality backlinks.